All participants in programming sponsored by the University of Wisconsin-Extension are bound by Wisconsin Administrative Code of the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System.
The UW-Extension Code of Conduct communicates expectations for student activity relevant to all of its credit and noncredit programming. UW-Extension holds that personal honesty, integrity, fairness, and respect for others are foundational to its mission. Accordingly, the University has a responsibility to promote behaviors among its faculty, staff, guests, and students that comply with these standards, and to have procedures to deal effectively with instances of noncompliance. Students are responsible for the honest completion and representation of their work, and for respect of others within the academic community.
UW-Extension students are expected to:
- Conduct activities according to high ethical principles. These include, but are by no means limited to, honesty, trustworthiness, fairness, and an intrinsic respect for the individual.
- Accept responsibility to do their own work, and to accurately present their own learning. Student demonstration of academic honesty and integrity is expected in all programming offered by UW-Extension. Students who knowingly or intentionally engage in cheating, forgery, dishonest conduct, plagiarism and collusion will be subject to disciplinary action at the discretion of the University of Wisconsin-Extension.
- Act in a non-discriminatory manner, practicing the principles of equality, tolerance, respect, and equal justice with instructors and peers. Participants of University of Wisconsin-Extension programming will be accepted and judged as individuals. Discrimination, disruption, or harassment of students, faculty, staff, or University guests on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, ancestry, age, political or organizational affiliation, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status or parental status will not be tolerated. The requirements of Section 36.12, Wisconsin Statutes, are incorporated in this Code.
- Respect intellectual property rights, including those of content providers, instructors, staff, and peers.
- Respect privacy rights. Students shall safeguard the privacy and integrity of personal data of instructors and peers.
- Make appropriate use of UW-Extension information technology resources where applicable, as provided by UW Regents Policy 25-3.
- Interact with instructors and staff in a timely, professional, and responsible manner.
- Adhere to instructor policies and procedures as outlined in course or program syllabi, orientation guides or other documents.
- Abide by all rules and regulations published by the University. The requirements of the Wisconsin Administrative Code in UWS 14, Student Academic Disciplinary Procedures, and UWS 17, Student Nonacademic Disciplinary Procedures, are incorporated in this Code.
Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action under Sections UWS 14, Student Academic Disciplinary Procedures, and/or UWS 17, Student Nonacademic Disciplinary Procedures, as described in Wisconsin Administrative Code.