Shopping for new skills and credentials at the University Learning Store
At the University Learning Store, you can purchase learning apps for skills you want to acquire or strengthen. Or, you can demonstrate mastery of a skill immediately by completing a badge assessment.
Regardless of your choice, your first step will be to create an account and purchase access to your learning app or badge assessment. You’ll then be redirected to the Fidelis platform, where you’ll be able to view your purchases and wish list and start working through your learning app or assessment. If you pass a badge assessment or ultimately complete a skills certification, your credential will appear in your digital portfolio and bear the name of the issuing institution. Share your credentials and update your resume and LinkedIn profile to prove to current and future employers your mastery of in-demand competencies.
Adding Your First Learning App or Badge Assessment
- View the Catalog and choose a skill that interests you.
- Once you have made your selection, decide whether you want to learn more about the skill, or whether you think you’ve already mastered it and just want to test your competency.
- If you want to learn more about the skill, click the Learning App button. If you think you’re ready to take an assessment to earn a badge for the skill, click the Badge Assessment button.
- You will be directed to the Fidelis account creation page. Fill out the information to create your account.
- Once you have completed creating your account, you will be able to add the learning app or badge assessment inside the University Learning Store on Fidelis. Just click on the price on the description page.
- You will have to specify a target date which is your goal for completing the learning app or badge assessment. You can change this date later if you need to.
- Once you’ve set a target date, you can complete the purchasing process using a credit card or PayPal account.
- After the financial transaction processes, you will be returned to the description page for the learning app or badge assessment you just purchased. You can begin the app or badge assessment, or click the University Learning Store icon in the upper left hand corner to return to the home page and explore the University Learning Store further.
We have answers. To find out more about the University Learning Store, visit the FAQs page, call 1-855-290-7115, or email ULS@uwex.edu.